Need advice on CBC test results

Hi, i had cbc today and here is the results:
Wrc 4.8 normal
Rbc 4.83 normal
Ne 31.6/ 40 low
Mo normal
Ly 52.1 high
Eo 10.1 high
Ba normal
I need ur advise
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 12 hours later
Hello and thank you for sedating your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding your laboratory results.

Your results indicate that you have a normal total white blood cell count and normal red blood cell count. I am curious to know if you're having any symptoms. The remainder of your blood test describes the different types of white blood cells which circulate through the body. You have a mild degree of elevation of eosinophils. This might indicate a couple of different issues. Sometimes elevation of this type of blood cell can happen in the setting of allergy. In addition if there is any exposure to a parasite infection it can cause elevation of this particular type of white blood cell.

Again I encourage knowing if you're having any symptoms. This clinical history in addition to the laboratory result will help us put things together for a better understanding.

I thank you again for submitting your question and sharing your health concern with me. I look forward to additional information you can provide me regarding any symptoms you're having. If you have other concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert