Analyse and Suggest treatment for test result showing ae count of 960,ESR I st Hour 20mm and Eosinophils 10%

Oncologist
Question
I have ae count of 960(chember method) , ESR I st Hour 20mm (Westergren) Eosinophils 10% Dated 30-11-2013. Kindly analysis my problem and suggest me tratment. I am male 46 years old.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more details Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, Thanks for your query. It is difficult to answer your question because you have not given complete blood picture. If your count WBC is 960 it is definitely very low. Your ESR is normal. Eosinophils are mildly elevated. Please provide your full details about your history and full investigation status to give you the accurate answer. You can upload the test reports on the right side of this query page. There is a feature provided for the same. If you are on any medication, please stop it now as I think it may be drug-induced problem or you may be harboring any other problem, which I can think of as I get your full profile. Truly, Dr. J. Ticku

Follow-up: Analyse and Suggest treatment for test result showing ae count of 960,ESR I st Hour 20mm and Eosinophils 10% 38 minutes later
SIR, FULL BLOOD PICTURE GIVEN BELOW MAEMOGLOBIN 13.9% RBC 4.8MIL/CMM WBC(TOTAL) 9600 CMM NEUTROPHILS 61% LYMPHOCHTES 26% EOSINOPHILS 10% MONOCYTES 03% BASOPHILS 00% PHERIPHERAL SMEAR RBC ; NORMOCYTIC NORMOCHROMIC WBC-EOSINOPHILIA NO ABNORMAL CELLS SEEN PLATELETS----- ADEQUATE HAEMOPARASITES-NOT SEEN PLATELET COUNT 3.54 LAKHS/CMM PACKED CELL VOLUME 43.1 VOL% M C V 92.7 CUBIC MICRONS M C H 29.9 PICOGRAMS M C H C 32.2 % E S R Ist HOUR 20MM WESTERGREN METHOD ABSOLUTE EOSINOPHIL COUNT (AEC) 960 CELL/CMM (CHEMBER METHOD)

Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: leukopenia Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for reverting quickly. You have given me a great relief by sending your complete blood report as earlier you said that you had count of only 960 which would have been really a matter of concern. Seeing your blood report it is completely within normal range except that there is mildly raised eosinophil count. I hope you have no allergic manifestation or you are not harbouring any worms in your body. I will advise you to have your stool examination done for any worm infestation and rest assure your blood count is perfectly within normal range and be happy. Truly, Dr. J. Ticku