Neck pain, withdrawal symptoms. HRT patches, breakthrough bleeding. Taking tibolone and Promensil. Suggest?

Hi, I have been on HRT patches (initially sequential, then continuous) since May last year - but stopped using them about 6 weeks ago due to repeated breakthrough bleeding every two weeks or so. I changed to Tibolone and had had no bleeding, however I have had very severe neck pain and headaches and knee pain as well as extreme sleepiness during the day, as well as weight gain. As a result I stopped the Tibolone (Livial) last week but I still have bad neck pain and my knee is still tender. I am having trouble sleeping and generally feel less than well. I am now taking Promensil as a herbal alternative and have managed to control the hot flushes reasonably well. I'm not sure whther I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms from HRT .. or what?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

The above problems are not withdrawal symptoms of HRT.
It is due to local pathological process.
I recommend you to get a MRI neck and knee joint before definitive diagnosis.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you need further clarifications.I will be happy to help.
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Neck pain, withdrawal symptoms. HRT patches, breakthrough bleeding. Taking tibolone and Promensil. Suggest? 35 minutes later
Thank you - can I ask whether you think that the extreme tiredness is due to either menopause symptoms (e.g. poor sleep) , and also whether the weight gain (a few kilos in a month or so) is likely to be due to menopause or something else?
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

Yes weight gain is due to lack of physical activity(due to knee pain).
Its a vicious circle. You need to break if.
Good sleep will make you feel fresh and energetic.
These are normal physiological symptoms of pregnancy. There is no other pathology.

Dr Nilofer