Nasal inflammation, congestion, food allergies. Clear discharge from nose. Treatment with sinus or digestion?

Hi my fiancé gets severe nasal inflammation and congestion from certain food allergies. Wondering how to treat as a sinus issues or digestion issue? Sometimes the congestion will break up and she'll get a large amount of thick clear discharge from her nose.
Ill also me mention she had rhino endoscopy surgery in october that didnt help at all. Possibly made the condition worse
The biggest trigger is dairy. We eat pretty much vegan. Both healthy and active
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Being allergic to particular agents (allergens) deserves a particular life style changes to be adopted. Its good already that the particular agent in this case has been identified. The very first thing shall be to avoid this particular food and related foods. Its very vital to develop the reflex to read up food items when you buy to avoid such reactions.

Secondly, excessive allergic responses may require prescription of anti allergic drugs (anti histaminic drugs, steroids, Lieukotirene inhibitors) and particular a specific procedure called immune desensitization. This procedure involves prescription of particular drugs over a given period of time, to help reduce the excessive hypersensitivity reactions to given allergens. This procedure certainly works for most people suffering from severe allergies. A qualified allergist will know about these drugs and immune desensitization; you may consult them.

My suggestion for now is avoiding the nasal congestion trigger as much as possible, consulting your family physician for temporal congestion alleviation drugs, and BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT WITH AN ALLERGIST.

Hope this helps. Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.

Best regards,

Luchuo, MD.