My daughter has had "ix" tests done and I wonder what they are for?

Jun 2015

Hi, My daughter has had "ix" tests done and I wonder what they are for?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: To rule out bleeding disorder (like Hemophilia) Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Thanks for your query. By "ix" test, I assume that you are referring to Factor IX test. Factor IX test is a blood test that measures the activity of factor IX, one of the substances involved in blood clotting (coagulation) & is used to find the cause of too much bleeding in an individual. It is considered as a screening test to detect the presence of, or rule out any bleeding disorder (like Hemophilia) in a child. If possible, kindly attach the test reports along with a brief history of the symptoms your daughter is having. It will be helpful for us to understand your concern better & formulate an appropriate management plan. Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care.