83 yr, died due to organ failure. Had open heart surgery previously. Drugs caused internal bleeding?

My father age 83 had an obdominal aortic aneurysm repair with stints. (it measured 5.0x4.8) He had trouble coming off the vent after surgery, after 2 weeks in ICU we were told he was having heart failure a cath was done showing 3 blockages on the left side of heart. They transferred him to another Hosp and performed openheart surgery, which was successful. He was encouraged to cough alot, which he was having dificulty with. I think after 2 surgeries in a short time he was weak. We were told he needed to go to sub acute rehab so he could be able to walk with his cane before coming home. Six years ago he had a bleed in the brain which left his left side numb which made it difficult after heart surgery for him to not put pressure on the chest area. One day after my dad was trasferred to rehab he was found with significant amount of blood from his rectum and his bp had dropped. He was given CPR on the way to the Hosp. A week later in ICU they said his organs were failing and he should go to Hospice, he died the next evening. I just don t understand what could have happened??? Could heart medicine cause him to bleed internally or what???
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012