Muscle twitching in legs and numbness in arms. Blood test done. What are the findings?

Spine Surgeon
I'd like to follow up on my earlier question to you regarding the muscle twitching in my legs. I have done the blood test which shows normal mineral and electrolyte levels, as well as thyroid function. The appointment with the neurologist is still about two weeks ago for proper evaluation.

However, I note you mentioned that caffeine and exercise can cause the muscle twitching due to electrolyte imbalance so would that mean that if the electrolyte levels are normal as in my case, then caffeine and exercise would not cause these symptoms or can they cause the symtoms regardless of electrolyte levels.
Also, I have experienced numbness in both arms at night which woke me at 5:30am but these resolved after about 1-2mins of moving the arms. Is that significant in my case?

Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 5 hours later
Hi ,

Thank you for getting back.

Excess caffeine can cause tremor even without obvious electrolyte imbalance ; so does exercise.
Numbness in your arms for so short duration does not warrant further investigation and is not significant.