Had sever pain in the back of leg. Unable to walk. Feeling pain in and around groin. Suggestions.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had sever pain in the back of my leg 3 days ago unable to walk started getting better then yesterday after bending to put on shorts it the pain just took over to the point I can feel sensation in my foot laying here
For some reason last night I had many many visits to the loo to have to pee I feel the pain is around the groin area as well and making me want to go to the loo every hr
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be due to electrolyte imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
The frequent visits to the loo may be related to an infection- a gut infection or a genital tract infection. Too much water loss can cause a fluid and electrolyte imbalance in your body causing the symptoms like muscle pain that you are having.
You can get yourself investigated for any infection and start with mild pain killer like acetaminophen after meals. Also start taking electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids like Garotade to take care of the electrolyte imbalance that you are having.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.