Muscle tightness and spasms on torso. Liver test fine, low Vitamin D. Prescribed IU D2, Had allergies. Reason?

I have been having muscle tightness and spasms on both sides of my torso off and on for a long time. It is on both sides under my breasts. I feel very uncomfortable in a bra or with any elastic even loose around my waist. I thought it may be resulting from statin (crestor) but liver tests are okay. It used to be more of a spasm that would come and go in a few minutes. Today it is more of a constant hardness of muscles and is not relaxing. My Vitamin D level is 16 which I understand is low. But I took prescribed 50,000 IU D2 4 days ago and had an allergic reaction so I am off it. Could this just be anxiety? I am afraid it is a sign of heart condition but my stress tests a year ago said all was good. I am 70 year old female in good health except for acid reflux which is being treated with protopump inhibitors and sucralfate.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 42 minutes later
Dear Ma'm

A pain which is in mid chest and comes always on exertion and relieves by rest is likely to be anginal or cardiac or heart pain. But if the pain comes with tightening due to bra or elastic, relieves after removing such a cloth, comes as a sudden very sharp twisting pain, lasts for less than a minute, can be elicited by touch or pressure, does not comes up on exercise/running/exertion, it is more likely to be non-cardiac (non-anginal).

Your low vitamin D level & your post menopausal status may contribute to this pain by the virtue of low calcium causing bone pains on pressure.

A stress test which was done 1 year back, does not guarantee that it can not be cardiac.
Overall most important factor is the characteristics of pain, which I described above. Even if characteristics of your pain favor non-cardiac/ non-anginal pain, I would recommend you to see your general physician, so that he can examine you and determine the local cause for this pain.

I hope I cleared the point to you.
Please feel free to discuss further.
Sukhvinder Singh
Follow-up: Muscle tightness and spasms on torso. Liver test fine, low Vitamin D. Prescribed IU D2, Had allergies. Reason? 10 hours later
Thank you. The "pain" feels more like muscle hardness and is simultaneously on both sides of my torso rib cage. It lasted for hours yesterday but after sleeping through the night it was better. This is the pattern. I thought it was related to the statin, Crestor, but the liver tests were good. My calcium level is normal.
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 2 hours later
Dear Ma'm
The kind of description your giving is more in favor of a non cardiac pain, more likely to be musculo-skeletal pain, but it needs clinical examination to be sure and to decipher the exact cause, which is not possible online.
Again i would recommend you to see your physician for same.
sukhvinder XXXXXXX