Monthly heavy periods, cramps. Stopped mycrogynon. Whats is going on?

May 2013
Hi I stopped mycrogynon in XXXXXXX had monthly periods up to now, some heavy some light. Cycles of 19-35 days. This month have been getting period like cramps really bad skin worse than normal I was supposed to be due on the weekend just gone. Last period 18 th may but I'm still not on still experiencing cramps took two tests over weekend just gone and both were negative what's going on? Worried
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
thanks for the query.

Microgynon pack contains combined oral hormonal contraceptive pills,
it causes menstrual irregularities are side effects that may be responsible for your irregular periods.
it will take 3 to 6 months for regularization of periods.

the possible causes of your symptoms are,

-premenstrual syndrome:before periods some women experience symptoms like abdominal cramps, bloating sensation of abdomen, headache, fatigue, anxiety etc which is called premenstrual syndrome.
These symptoms can change from cycle to cycle the risk factors that can increase the symptoms are,
Stress, high caffeine intake, depression, dietary factors like deficiency of vitamin E,D etc.

-symptoms of early pregnancy.

as some urine pregnancy test kits are less sensitive in early pregnancy,
better you consult local gynecologist and undergo blood test for pregnancy which can detect early pregnancy also.
if test comes negative you may get periods within few days by that your symptoms will subside.
if your symptoms are severe enough that you are not able to do your routine work then you can take treatment for premenstrual syndrome with your doctor's advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.
Follow-up: Monthly heavy periods, cramps. Stopped mycrogynon. Whats is going on? 14 minutes later
I can't understand how I could be pregnant me and my partner have always used a condom they have also never split. Can u get pregnant by your partner rubbing his penis over ur vulva and clitoris without a condom pre ejaculating?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later

as the pre ejaculate fluid sometimes contains spermatozoa,
this can lead to pregnancy though rare,
as one sperm is enough to cause pregnancy the possibility can not ruled out,
don't worry this is one possibility only,
after getting examined by your doctor you can find out the actual cause.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.