Missing periods. Taken Progynova and estrogen. Why there is no periods after HRT?

For last three months I have missed my periods. I was put on Progynova and estrogen and Dr. Told me that on 13 it should start but till today no signs. My endrometrinium as 6 in Dec and last month it was 5 and yesterday it came 4.

I confused as even after the HRT no periods.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later
Since you are not having any periods for last three months and there was no withdrawal bleeding even after taking hormonal therapy, a complete hormonal profile needs to be done.
The hypoplastic endometrium of 4mm might be suggestive of an early menopause. Hypothyroidism may be a contributing factor.
The other reasons of delayed periods may be hormonal imbalance, emotional stress, anxiety, stress, or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland.
The following investigations need to be done:
a.     Serum luteinizing hormone
b.     Serum follicle stimulating hormone levels
c.     Serum prolactin levels

Please consult a gynaecologist for the same so that a complete evaluation can be done and further treatment can be instituted.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.