Missing periods. Home pregnancy test negative. How long after missed period should i take a pregnancy test?

Doctor ,

My mestrual cyle is 26th evey month .
I missed July 26th period .

I have tested for pregency last week and yesterday using home pregnency kit (HCG) .
Both times I got negative ..

Do I need to wait for some more time to get the results positive ?
I have tested my samples on the evening .Do I need to do early morning ?

Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 27 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Urine pregnancy tests are highly sensitive. It should be done ideally a week after missed period and using early morning urine sample. If it has turned to be negative and assuming you have done the test correctly, the chances of you being pregnant is less.
A test may be negative for several reasons: you may not be pregnant, or you may have ovulated later than you thought (and so not be far enough along for the test to detect your hCG). In a small number of women, hCG levels can be very low and this may also affect the outcome of pregnancy tests.
The blood test for pregnancy measures the amount of hCG in your bloodstream, not your urine. Blood tests can measure much smaller amounts of the hormone, and so can detect pregnancy earlier than urine tests, usually about six to eight days after ovulation.
I advice you to see OBG specialist for examination and for exact diagnosis.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.