Missing periods. HPT and beta HCG tested negative. What could be the cause?

i have had 38 days cycle in april and may my last period was on 18th may and till now i havnt got it done hpt and beta hcg a week back which came out negative.Otherwise my cycles are 32 days.
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 31 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As duration of your menstrual cycle is 32 days, your next menstrual period was due on 19th XXXXXXX

Menstrual period starts on 14th day of ovulation.

If ovulation is delayed due to any reason, period will also get delayed.

You are not pregnant as per reports. It means ovulation has not occurred during last cycle.

As examination and tests like follicular study will be required, please consult a Gynecologist.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,