Missing periods. Getting thick whitish discharge. What could be the problem?

May 2013
Im 3 days late on my period i had gotten it the 13 of july n i usually get it same time every month but im alittle late n i have a thickesh kinda white discharge that started yesterday. I researched it but not conpletly satisfied. Hopfully you can help. My boobs are sore but dont have alot of symptems of pms cept little bloatness....
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 49 minutes later

periods can be delayed due to many reasons like stress and strain, recent changes in weight, recent illness etc affecting hypothalamo-pituitary-ovarian axis, poly cystic ovary disease etc,
according to your description you didn't crossed the date(13 Aug) yet, so you can wait for few more days, your symptoms could be premenstrual, all symptoms of premenstrual syndrome with same severity may not present all the time,

so if you are having regular periods, and had intercourse around the time of ovulation and think that there is possibility of conception better to go for blood test for pregnancy once which will rule out the possibility.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.