Missing period and having stomach ache. How to get relief?

Mar 2016

I was fine in the morning but now I am having stomach ache. I eat one XXXXXXX and some light food. I do not why the pain is happening. I am not getting my periods> My periods due date was 14th of January. But the pain is not period pain. I work out daily.
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

There are several possibilities of stomach ache and these include indigestion problem, constipation, gastritis, ulcers, symptoms.

As your period is delayed, your current abdominal ache could be related to delayed period. Some women get abdominal pain / cramp prior to start period. It is common with irregular period / hormone disarray.

Ultrasound scan and other hormone test/ blood test can be helpful to know the probable cause (ovarian cyst or PCOD) of abdominal pain and delayed period.

I would urge you to consult your doctor to streamline the investigations based on clinical examination if the pain is troubling/if periods do not occur soon.

In the interim, things that you can follow are:
1) Take antacids. They are useful with symptoms related to indigestion.
2) Drink more water & eat XXXXXXX vegetables to avoid constipation.
3) Continue daily work out to control body weight & take healthy diet.
4) Avoid stress/ tension/ emotional upset by regular XXXXXXX breathing.
5) Continue thyroid medication and maintain personal hygiene.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Missing period and having stomach ache. How to get relief? 3 hours later
It was a cramp in my lower abdominal section. But I am fine now. The pain is no more but still I want to suggest to a doctor. Can you refer me any one from Bangalore as I am new to the place.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 20 minutes later

Thanks for follow up query. It is also glad to hear that your pain is gone.

You need to consult with gynecologist for pin point diagnosis in case of delayed period and take proper medication with suggestive measures. There are reviews written by users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at WWW.WWWW.WW
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Dr Soumen