Missing period and experiencing pregnancy symptoms. Pregnancy test negative. Any thoughts?

I am experiencing pregnancy symptoms, I am 11 days late from expected period. LMP 12/27/12 I took a test yesterday and came up negative. My husband had a vasectomy after our last child 2 1/2 years ago. Did I test too early, what are your thoughts?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Since you are already 11 days late for your periods, it is appropriate to do a test now. The negative test rules out the pregnancy. Usually the test comes positive 6-7 days after the periods are overdue.
You can wait for another week for your periods to start spontaneously. In case the bleeding does not start then do consult your gynecologist for hormonal treatment to get a withdrawal bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.