Missing period after having sex. Is there any chances of pregnancy?

Sep 2012

last month i got period on 15th feb. and after certain days i had XXX with my husband but full intercourse phase was not done....This month today is 17th March i have not got my i m worry is there any chances of getting pregnant.

Also how many more days i have to wait ..(might be date can come automatically since it can be more or less).
And is there any tablet to get periods..

pls advise...
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 24 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query here.

Look, if you have a regular menstrual history then your date of next period was on 15 th March. Normally, there may be 7 days delay.

So, you have to wait for 5 more days. In this mean time do a home pregnancy test. If the result is negative then wait as I have told.

If you do not have your period even after 5 days, you have to consult with a gynecologist for progesterone challenge to start period. In this method, you have to take progesterone group of drug for 3 to 5 days and then you have to wait for 7 days to have your period. An ultrasound scan is mandatory before starting this drug.

If the pregnancy test is positive, then the decision depends on you.

So, you have chances of getting pregnant. So, do a home pregnancy test and then follow the abovementioned instructions accordingly. There is tablet to get your period, but, you should have a negative pregnancy test and ultrasound scan of abdomen in hand before starting any medicine.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.