Missing period. Getting cramps with white vaginal discharge. Noticed spotting while peeing. Worrisome

Hi, so my gf (age 22) period should came 2 weeks ago (14jan), but it didn't, just usual cramps and white vaginal discharge. Just now (28jan), she had a red bleeding while she peeing and there also a little brown thing in it. But she didn't have any PMS symptoms like usual. She also got slight cramps today. Is this her period? She said the color doesn't like her usual period, but the volume does. Can a woman get her period without any PMS symptoms? I think you also need to know that a month ago (28dec) we had sex without intercourse, just fingering, and I ejaculated on the toilet, not near her. a week after that (4jan), she had brown spotting and white vaginal discharge for 4 days. No pregnancy symptoms until now. Her period usually quite regular. She also had stress lately thinking that she might be pregnant, travelling from Sydney to malaysia, and a lots of exercise such as heavy walking and sit up.
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Welcome and thanks for the query

Irregular bleeding can be due to stress , change in climate and anaemia.
It is better to get her investigations done like Hb , USG and Pregnancy test in urine.
Other causes can be ovarian cyst or Thyroid disorder.
Till then you can give her iron tablets.

Please attach all the reports so that I can guide you better.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Missing period. Getting cramps with white vaginal discharge. Noticed spotting while peeing. Worrisome 6 minutes later
She has already took a urine pregnancy test 7 or 8 days after she missed her period and turn out negative. She asked for the most sensitive one.
Can it be mid cycle bleeding?
Her mom has ovarian cyst. Can she get it too?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 15 hours later

Welcome once again

If pregnancy test is negative there is no need to worry.Get an ultrasound done.It can be due to hormonal imbalance also which is called DUB or dysfunctional uterine bleeding.Mid cycle bleeding due to ovulation is usually in the form of spotting.
Ovarian cysts at younger age are usually simple serous cysts and not necessarily familial.Get the investigations done , till then just relax as it is not a serious thing.

Best wishes once again
Any further query is most welcome