Missed periods, on Primolute N, should start period in 3 days, still not come, reasons, treatment

HI, I missed my period 2 months ago and didnt received it till date. I took the 3 day dose of Primolute N to get my periods 3 days ago but still I have not got them, what should I do? I am pretty sure that I am not pregnant.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for your query

Missed periods could be due to various reasons and not just pregnancy.They can be indicative of any underlying ovarian or uterine disorder as ovarian cysts,PID,hormonal imbalances,Thyroid disorder,etc.

Since it has already been about two months, you should not ignore it.You require a clinical examination along with investigations like USG Pelvis and Hormonal Analysis to rule out the exact cause.Also do not go for self medications as Primolut is a Hormonal Preparation and it can further cause changes in the hormonal levels.

Kindly visit a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer your follow up query.