Missed periods. Pregnancy test negative. What should I do?

I have missed my periods this time. my due date was 11th and today is 17th. I took a pregnancy test on 11th this month,and the result was negative. my hemoglobin is about 12 . i just got my complete medical check up done, hence i know.what should i do
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
There are many causes of amenorrhea like-
1. Pregnancy
2. Hypothyroidism
3. Poly cystic ovarian syndrome
So I will advise you to repeat your urine pregnancy test, if still it comes negative means you would have to undergo other investigations like TSH, LH, FSH & estrogen hormones level.
If test comes negative, after getting investigated you can take progesterone tablets for withdrawal bleeding under guidance of your doctor.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your follow up queries.