Missed periods. Noticed lumpy skin on belly button and have water retension. What is wrong?

Question
Missed 2 periods noticed lumpy skin like cellulite looks on my belly and have water retention
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later

Get yourself tested for urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.
Pregnancy can also be confirmed by serial blood levels of beta HCG and transvaginal ultrasound.

Feel free to ask if you have further query. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Missed periods. Noticed lumpy skin on belly button and have water retension. What is wrong? 5 hours later
Hi im definitly not pregnant im not sexualy active so its got to be somethingelse but what?

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 5 hours later
Thanks for your reply,
Missed periods could be due to many reasons like thyroid problem, ovarian cyst, emotional instability, stress, hormonal imbalance , excess weight gain/ loss.
Since you have water retention as well i suggest you to get your thyroid levels tested.
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Missed periods. Noticed lumpy skin on belly button and have water retension. What is wrong? 16 minutes later
Hi again, ive also noticed that both my thigh bones have protruding lumps which seem full of water would this be connected?thanks

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 6 hours later

Yes both are connected.
It is better if you can get a CT scan of thigh for exact diagnosis.

regards,
Dr Nilofer