Missed period, unaware of ovulation, on susten 200, thyroxine, thyroid problem. Pregnant?

General Surgeon
My wife missed the period in XXXXXXX and we are not aware of the ovulation. TheGyna suggest to take the susten 200 daily for 6 days and wait for 6 days but the pregnancy test is still negative. She has thyroid problem and taking Throxin 125 daily in the morning. So could you please suggest is he pregnant or some other problem is there.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 23 minutes later

Pregnancy test becomes positive generally after she misses or delayed periods for 10-12 days.
Immediately after missing periods test don`t become positive.

Quality of pregnancy kit also matters, highly sensitive kits pick up pregnancy earlier than commonly available or used pregnancy kits.

So there is no harm in waiting for few days & repeating the pregnancy test, especially if you desire baby.

Tab susten helps in keeping pregnancy intact and its implantation in the uterine cavity. So it is quite safe & there is no harm in using. Your doctor is quite right in prescribing it.

Thyroxin 125 is again a safe drug, it can be taken easily and even good in patient of hypothyroidism.

So there is no harm in waiting for few days if you desire baby & repeating pregnancy test, for confirmation.

Don`t be in a hurry, wait & watch for the result.

There can be other reason for delayed periods, but the most common is pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.
Follow-up: Missed period, unaware of ovulation, on susten 200, thyroxine, thyroid problem. Pregnant? 15 hours later

She has the cycle in may from 2nd may to 6th may, she had gone through the folicular test has well so only one folecule is present at that time and no one is ruptured. As the proposed next cycle is XXXXXXX as per her irregular periods might be around 5th XXXXXXX but it missed. So we are worry about the same. 1 month ago she gone through the TB test which comes to be 1.75. Os could you please suggest is any thing is serious or still we have to wait for few days.
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later

Nice to hear from you again.

TB test is a separate issue, it needs more details to comment on.

Please write in deatils about TB test, Full names of test along with the reports.

I would also like to know whether endometrial biopsy is done or not?

It is also not clear if you are talking of Fallopian tube test or Tuberculosis test.

No doubt, if she has her periods you can go for Follicular study.

If her periods are irregular, more evaluation from a gynecologist will help you.

I still suggest you to wait for some more days.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction.

Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.