Miscarriage,pregnancy with IVF,bleeding,brown blood,reason for miscarriage?

I just have my miscarriage 3 days ago .That was my second pregnancy with IVF, two embryo and 7 weeks post.My pregnancy start with 4 days bleeding no heavy just brown blood last 4 days and stop it was finish 2days before my first blood test.When the result said positive I asked to my nurse if I can flight to Bali then they say yes as along I didnt do anything can harm my pregnancy.So I do more bed rest than holyday in Bali .But the day we left Australia I start with little bit bleeding on and of all the way my pregnancy.And I have miscarriage on 7 weeks the day I have my blood test in Australia.Can you give advise what cause my miscarriage and bleeding during my pregnancy,can I asked my doter to have an ultrasound early to find out whay Im bleding that day?Should I do total bed rest in hospital that day like in olden days and put me in 24 hours monitor like my Grandma said.Your answer will help me in the future for my next IVF CIRCLE.Thank you.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 40 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

The defective implantation is one main cause for miscarriages in IVF process , hence to overcome the same multiple embryos will be injected into the uterus.

I do consider same cause in you as the bleeding you had through the pregnancy is typical for a improper implantation.It could be a wrong site or incomplete invagination of the embryo into the uterus lining also the trophoblastic cell line (cells involved in formation of fetal part of placenta) will be not strong enough ( not completely natural ) in most cases of IVF.Also the uterine properties after a long period of infertility and recurrent miscarriages may not be of optimal quality in producing good maternal part of placenta.

Well since several factors like above rule the out come of the IVF it would be always a good option to rest well during the early days of the pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: Miscarriage,pregnancy with IVF,bleeding,brown blood,reason for miscarriage? 24 hours later
Hi what about an ultrasound you didnt answer it yet.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 minutes later
Hi again,

Sorry for missing it,

Ultrasound will surely help when you have any risk signs like bleeding or uterine cramps after this procedure. This may give clues into impending abortions unfortunately not much intervention can be done if its an implantation problem but only safer care could be taken to avoid such incidents.

Wish you good health.