Miscarriage,infertility,hysteroscopy,subbseptate uterur,septoplasty

Hi,i had been miscarried two yrs back and after that suffering from doctor have done Diagnostic Hysteroscopy and found subseptate uterur he suggest me to do septoplasty. Is it safe and solve my problems. please help me.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 29 minutes later

A uterine septum is a wedge shaped septum which divides the uterus into two and when the wedge-like partition involves only the superior part of the cavity resulting in an incomplete septum then it is called a subseptate uterus.

It may not cause any symptoms but sometimes be responsible for infertility and miscarriage.

Usually it is discovered on transvaginal ultrasonography, sonohysterography, hysteroscopy or a 3D ultrasound.

The treatment of choice is septoplasty or surgery and you should go ahead with it. Hysteroscopic removal of a uterine septum can also be done as the intervention is relatively minor and safe in experienced hands.

A follow-up imaging study should demonstrate the removal of the lesion.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.