Mirena coil inserted. Can I take Utovlan?

Can I take Utovlan when I have a mirena coil fitted as i want to stop my period for a holiday?
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Utovlan is a hormonal tablet, which contains norethisterone hormone.

Yes, it can be taken while you have mirena coil fitted, if your doctor has prescribed it to postpone your menstruation period as per prescription.

It is to be started about three days in advance, and should not be taken for more than ten days in continuation.

Hope, you will be satisfied with the answer. If you have further query in this regard, I will be happy to help you, but if you don't require further clarification, please close the discussion by accepting the answer and rating it as per your satisfaction.

With good wishes,