Metallic taste in the mouth. May I know the reason for this?

iam a man 37yrs i get a metallic taste in my mouth shaking and feeling of passing out
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms suggest Partial Seizures

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, ,

Good Day to you.

Thanks for posting your query on this website.

I can fully appreciate your concerns. However, further elaboration of the problems would have been of great help.

Nevertheless, the symptoms provided, point towards the possibility of a particular type of epilepsy, called Simple Partial Seizures(SPS). SPS presents itself in various forms. You are apparently suffering from Gustatory type of SPS.

I therefore suggest that you consult your treating doctor/Neurologist who will order for specific diagnostic tests and prescribe most effective anti-convulsant drugs.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal