Masturbation, having oral sex. Can I do these before going for PAP smear test?

Question
can I masturbate or have oral sex before a pap smear?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 51 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Pap smear is a screening test used to determine any changes in the cells of cervix due to any pathology.

Before going for the test it is advised to avoid sexual intercourse (24 hours before) and activities which can alter the results as douching, tub bath, vaginal creams, feminine sprays (48 to 72 hours before).

It should also not be undertaken while you’re having your period.

There is no harm in having oral intercourse or masturbating.

I hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.
Regards!