Married and not pregnant. Is travelling by bike safe?

Hi doctor i got married recently in may ,and i am worried that i am not yet pregnant still and i travel in my bike to my office for 1hr in the morning and 1 hr in the evening so is there any effect on that .
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take precautions

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

It is too early to be worried about not being pregnant. It should be at least 1 year of trying before the doctors get worried on this issue. For you it has just been 2 or 3 cycles.

Try to have sexual intercourse during the time of ovulation. Ovulation usually happens around 14th day from start of last menstrual periods. Also take lots of fruits and raw vegetables. Try to be stress-free. Take folic acid supplements. It is protective against neural tube defects in the babies.

Travelling for 1 hour on bike can produce physically and mental stress (not to mention the bumpy ride in India). In my opinion it should be avoided.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Married and not pregnant. Is travelling by bike safe? 1 hour later
having sex every day will that effect by any ways
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It may decrease amount of semen

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

It is better to have sexual intercourse more frequently during time of ovulation. If the male partner is ejaculating everyday, it decreases the amount of semen being ejaculated, though it should not practically affect the outcome.

Hope I made it clear.

Dr Vaishalee