Lump inside recutm, no blood, pain, normal stools, no constipation or discharge. Treatment options ?

Question
I been having a lump inside my rectum for 3 1/2 weeks already. No blood, no pain, normal stools, no constipation or discharge.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 19 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Rectal lump can be be most commonly the beginning of a Hemorrhoid, considering other causes like Fissures (you have no blood discharge), cancer (no blood, no pain, only 3 1/2 weeks), warts (assuming no bad sexual history) are all ruled out.

Hemorrhoids need a rectal examination with a surgeon to classify the type. They are usually good to treat if detected early, so you are in good chance. Get it examined soon. Treatment can vary from conservative to surgical removal - depends on the findings at examination.

Meanwhile, do not strain much at stools, and eat moderate bland semi solid food with good amounts of fiber. Keep the area clean and dry.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,

Follow-up: Lump inside recutm, no blood, pain, normal stools, no constipation or discharge. Treatment options ? 18 minutes later
Can the lump be a polyp? It's kinda hard if I feel it. The dr gave me suppositories but he didn't do a rectal exam.

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 4 hours later
Thanks for the question.

Yes, it can be a benign beginning of a polyp too. But, the diagnosis cannot be guessed like this in here. Needs an examination.

I do not know if you have consulted a surgeon. I am sure the rectal examination would be done before medications.

Try discussing once more with your doctor.

Sincerely,

Follow-up: Lump inside recutm, no blood, pain, normal stools, no constipation or discharge. Treatment options ? 4 hours later
The dr said he wasn't concerned because I was to young for it to be anything else. Also since I'm not bleeding. He didnt do a rectal exam. He just prescribe the suppositories. He said if it doesn't go away in 4 weeks to come back, it can be something else. I'm very scared it can be a cancerous. It feels pretty hard but small. I also i feel a flat part with Little dots in it. I will try a diff dr.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, sometimes a second opinion in case you are not satisfied definitely helps.

Don't come to conclusions - just do the check up. Cancer is a different story.

Wish you good health,

Sincerely,