Lump in frontal bone of head, feel lightheaded and tired. Noticed difference in speech.

I have a small lump on the frontal bone area, of my head. I constantly feel light headed, and tired. And have been noticing a difference in my speech.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 45 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you feel pain on touching it?
2.) Do you get fever?
3.) Did you sustain any head injury?
4.) Since how long do you have it?
5.) Have you Lost weight?
6.) Do you have similar swellings anywhere else on your Body?

Your History suggests it to be Lipoma, a fatty lump, but you haven't given a detailed History and I have not examined it. Hence there are various other causes for this lump apart from Lipoma like,

1.) Neurofibroma.
2.) Sebaceous Cyst.
3.) Concussion, if you have sustained a Injury.

Hence, get yourself examined by a Surgeon and a Neurologist as you need a total evaluation to rule out other possible diagnoses and come to a final diagnosis,

You will be asked for a,

1.) A tissue sample removal (biopsy) for lab examination
2.) MRI or a CT scan of head.

once done, you will be treated accordingly.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.