Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back

General Surgeon
Question
I HAVE A LUMP IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CHEST ABOUT 2 INCH'S IN SIZE IT'S BEEN THERE FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS BUT NOW ITS PAINFUL PLUS I GET PAIN IN MY RIBS NOW AND LOWER BACK
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 16 minutes later
Hello!

Can you please attach some photo of it? You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Also please answer to these queries.
Is this tumour movable? Is there any redness? Do you suffer from shortness of breath, is there any pain during breathing, do you have fever?

Most likely it might be sebaceous cyst. It is a benign disease. It is painless as long as the pus does not occur inside. After pus occurrence, it becomes very painful, and the pain can radiate when nerves are irritated. It is easily treatable by surgery excision, however when it is inflamed, it’s hard to radically excise it, so it can regrow.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.