Lower left side of abdomen feels like a cell phone vibrating in intestine. What could it be?

General Surgeon
I am a 45 year old male and I am having symptoms in my lower left side of my abdominin that feels like a cell phone phone vibrating in my intestine. It comes and goes all the time. Does sound crazy or what. I don't drink or smoke but do a lot of physical work.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Have to go for some investigations

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX ! Good morning. I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your query.

Even though your complaints look to be extraordinarily different, we should not miss out any organic problem in the way of neglecting it for nothing. If I were your physician, with this kind of symptom I would have measured your blood pressure, and would have done some routine blood tests like CBC, Blood Sugar, Blood Urea, Serum creatinine and lipid profile. After all these are done, I would have gone for an ultrasound of abdomen with special reference to the renal artery on the left side, followed by either a CT or MRI if need be. These investigations will be done to exclude any kind of constriction in the blood vessels somewhere in the abdomen, specially to exclude the renal artery stenosis, which though not very common has to be excluded.

In the mean time you do not have to take any medications unless indicated by your treating doctor. I would also like to know if there is any kind of anxiety factor in your case. It is not infrequent for unsuspected anxiety to present with such physical symptoms.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have got any further query , please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you for using XXXXXXX for your health query. Good luck.