Lower back pain, period-like cramps, milky discharge, shortness of breath after climbing steps. Pregnant?

Hi. My hubby and I are TTC. My real last period was 8 aug. I had what I think was an implantation bleeding 3 days before my expected period on sept 5. It lasted maybe a couple days and was mainly brownish and much lighter than my normal period. It was accompanied by cramps. Ever since I have been having lower back pains, cramps as if I am getting my period, milky discharge, short of breath after climbing steps (unusual since I am a runner) Took 3 hpts and all are negative. Could I still be pregnant? I need to find out since I need to adjust my thyroid medicine. This would be our first pregnancy.
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
The mild brownish spotting that you had before your expected date can be due to an implantation bleeding or a hormonal disturbance causing a lighter bleeding. If your repeated urine for pregnancy tests are negative then you can confirm about your pregnancy by getting serum beta HCG evaluation done under the guidance of your gynecologist.
Sometimes there is a late conception and serum HCG is a more sensitive and specific test to detect or rule out pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Lower back pain, period-like cramps, milky discharge, shortness of breath after climbing steps. Pregnant? 6 hours later
Thanks. Could hormonal disturbance be responsible for pulling sensation in my lower abdomen as well? I will contact my doctor to see if she can see me and do the test?
What causes hormonal disturbance?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The hormonal disturbance is not likely to cause the mild pain in the lower abdomen that you are having. It could be due to an intestinal colic or a mild pelvic inflammation.
Hormonal disturbance can be caused by stress, anxiety, XXXXXXX changes in the body, ovarian or hypothalamic dysfunction, etc.
Getting serum HCG evaluated is the best way to know.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.