Lower back pain, lumps, rashes, burning sensation and pain in groin area. Unprotected sex. Fungal infection or Herpes zoster?

Hi there I been having lower back pains,buttock pains,groin pains,have a rash on my left groin with 3 bumps and burning sensation in both of my groin rash like on both side of my buttock that you can't see just feel it there when i sweat or shower they also have a burning sensation been having the back pain for about a month now and the rashes and bumps for about month too I have had unprotected sex in March 17,2012 I have went 3 doctors the first one told me it was a fungal infection then I want the doctor aK dermology and he told me it was a fungal infection third dermology told me it was herpes zoster and got tested for stds on April 21 and all of them came back negative
Posted Tue, 26 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Both Fungal infection and Herpes zoster( A viral infection) can occur in the buttock and groin area. In addition follicullitis or boil can occur over buttock area causing pain in affected area.

However there is nothing to be worried about as all of these are treatable conditions.
None of this infections is sexually transmitted.

Its good that you have tested negative for STDs.

Also I would like to know
a)How the skin lesions look? Are they fluid filled vesicular OR reddish flat scaly lesions with skin exfolating?

b)Is there any itching associated?

c)Are the lesions on one side of body or both sides?

d)Have you taken any treatment ?you got any relief with treatment?

If you can upload good quality photographs of skin lesions then it would be of great help in diagnosing your condition.

You can do it by using upload images option on right side of this page.

Anticipating your reply.

Dr Sudarshan
Follow-up: Lower back pain, lumps, rashes, burning sensation and pain in groin area. Unprotected sex. Fungal infection or Herpes zoster? 28 minutes later
Just a little itching sometime and there no pus fluids the lesion on both side but there no bumps just a little small rash yes i have take treatment some Lamisil cream & Daktacort for about two weeks them some Zovirax & Xylocaine Iidocaine cream for about 2 weeks also
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Hi again,

I had a look at the photo sent by you.Its not very clear photo.It appears to be folliculitis.It is a bacterial infection of hair follicle.

Treatment consists of oral and topical antibiotics.

Topical antibiotic like soframycin or fusidic acid is helpful.
analgesic like ibuprofen and paracetamol would be helpful.

Hope this helps you.