Loss of pigment in vulva and perineum, losing colouration of labai minor, itchy. What could be causing this?

Loss of pigment in vulva and perineum
I seem to be losing the coloration of my labia minor - also in an area of the perineum - itchy most of the time too - what could be causing this
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 5 hours later

From what you describe, I feel your symptoms may be related to lichen sclerosis et atrophicus. This condition is typically seen in people of your age.

A direct examination of the affected area and skin biopsy will help us in confirming this possibility. I suggest you to consult your dermatologist for examination.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Prasad pvs