Liver analysis, ALT, AST, Alkaline phosphate, bilirubin, protein, albumin, normal ?

With AST 32.00 U/L,ALT 50.00 U/L,GGTP 18.00 U/L,Alkaline Phosphatase 142.00 U/L,Bilirubin total 0.80 mg/dL,Bilirubin Direct 0.02 mg/dL, Bilirubin indirect 0.78 mg/dL Protein Total 8.60 g/dL, Albumin 4.20 g/dL and A:G Ratio 0.96, do I need worry about the state of my liver?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

The different liver enzymes give information about the state of liver in case of any injury or liver disease.There values are mainly corelated with the symptoms if any.Most of the markers in your case are within normal limits except ALT and Alkaline Phosphatase which are slightly higher.ALT is elevated in case of acute liver diseases as Hepatitis or also in case of any drug overdose.Similarly Alkaline Phosphatase can rise in case of any duct obstruction or any infiltrative diseases of liver.
But as I already mentioned to you that these tests have meaning but the interpretation is much better when corelated with clinical symptoms.Infact Bilirubin,Protein and Albumin indicate better liver function.
Right now by just observing these values there is nothing alarming.
Take proper diet with less refined and processed foods.Opt for fresh fruits and veggies.
Go for a walk daily.
Drink lots of water.
Take Care of Blood Pressure.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.