Lipid profile test done. Prescribed rosuvas 10mg. Is it safe to take this medicine?

Hi,my name is XXXXXXX.I got my lipid profile done some days back which shows CHO234mg/dl,HDL66,LDL134,VLDL34 and ratio 3.50.My doctor has put me on Rosuvas 10.Should i take it or not?If yes,for how much time?
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 40 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic Physician's desk!
Your lipid profile is deranged but not to XXXXXXX levels.
Please get your thyroid function checked.
At these levels you can avoid the medicines but then you have to improve your life style.
You must reduce your body weight from current level to 5-10% down by cutting down on the diets, especially the fried and fatty content of the diet needs to be decreased.
Excessive snacks needs to be avoided.
You should have a regular brisk walking of about half an hour daily as a routine.
If you are a diabetic a rigorous control of sugar is warranted with medicines.
Get the lipid profile recheck at 3months, you are supposed to get drastic improvements without treatment but once you leave these effort the derangement will return. So for good health you need a healthy life style.
I think the advise would be helpful for you.
Follow-up: Lipid profile test done. Prescribed rosuvas 10mg. Is it safe to take this medicine? 17 hours later
I am on medication for hypothyriodism for last 4 yaers and presently i am taking thyronorm 50 which keeps my TSH levels at 3.14 to 3.84.At pesent my weight is69 kg with the height of 5.2 inches.My sugar levels are normal.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later

Welcome back to healthcare magic Physician's desk!
So you have many other problems.
You should take Thyronorm 75 a day now and check thyroid profile 2 month later.
You are overweight, you index of Obesity called BMI is 28.7.
You need to loss about 15 kgs to come in a good range of BMI.
Regular exercise would also help you loose weight and will improve your diabetes and cholesterol.

If you still have queries if any, please feel free to communicate back.
And if satisfied with my solution then please accept the answer and take a moment to express your feelings in the Review Section about my Clinical skills!

Wish you a great XXXXXXX