Left sided head ache, previous head injury, area soft, feel a dent. Suggestion?

A few years ago, I hit the left side of my head onto a metal pipe real hard. I felt myself spinning. But I managed to stabilize myself and went ahead to school for exams. But my head was really painful. I started getting headaches but I don't have any bumps on the site where it was hit. No nausea, nothing - but headaches for about a year.

Now i have this left sided headache. And when a more painful headache occur, I felt that my world started to move and it will last for about 10-20seconds. Other instances I felt my headache got worse when I moved my head. It felt like the sensation after having your head knocked. When I applied pressure to this part of my head (which I had knocked it previously), it relieves the pain for a while and the site where I had knocked my head was quite "soft" and I can feel a dent on it (which I am not sure if it is related anyway).

I hope you can help. I understand that a visit to a doctor is neccessary for further evaluation, but what I would like to know is the likelihood of the headache in relation to the knock on my head.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 13 hours later
Thanks for your query,

The direct effect of your previous head injury seems unlikely and can not explain present headache.

Two possibilites exists:
1. Denovo headache: unrelated to earlier head injury
2. Because of severe trauma, a malformation of blood vessels has occured and is responsible for headache.
In view of severity of headache, you must visit doctor and undergo investigations accordingly.
For immediate relief, an analgesic will be considered for you.