Left floating rib injured. Feeling pain under ribs and back hurts. How to get relief from pain?

Injured my left floating rib 10 days ago now the pain is real bad on left side under ribs and now my back hurts.
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Rib fractures most of times cause pain more in later days than during or soon after the fracture.

Strict immobilization for a minimum of 3 weeks is needed for such a fracture to heal and cause no complications in future.

Since the weight of whole left upper limb falls on the ribs , immobilization of the left upper limb is essential.

Healing is usually slow in women of your age, I strongly recommend you rest or atleast immobilization of the left upper limb.

Also do take calcium supplements which would help in healing.You can take a Tab ACECLO for the pain not more than two in a day.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.