Late period, spotting, stomach pain and swelling, thick and white discharge. Negative pregnancy test. Pregnant?

Question
Hi I have had pregnancy symptoms since January. In February my period was 3 days late but only had spotting for 2 days. This month it was 5 days late and only bled for 2 days, i keep getting sharp pains in my stomach aswell and now getting thick white discharge but my test keep coming back negative. Could I be pregnant?
I forgot to mention I did have one positive test about 7 weeks ago but since then they have been negative and 1 blood test was negative about 3 weeks ago
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
With multiple tests being negative,its more than likely that you arent pregnant. If you had one positive test than its possible that it was a false positive. Since then,you blood test was negative. Blood tests are more sensitive than urine tests. Now its important thae we find out why your periods are irregular.The most common cause is hormonal imbalance. You should get the hormone tests done to rule that out as a cause. LH,FSH, TSH and prolactin all need to be normal. Along with that polycystic ovaries also need to be rule out with a ultrasound.

Follow-up: Late period, spotting, stomach pain and swelling, thick and white discharge. Negative pregnancy test. Pregnant? 2 hours later
I thought I would add, I had a laparoscopy last year and my womb and ovaries are fine but my womb is only 3cm. My periods are normally regular 28 day cycle.They have only been irregular since January. Also lupus runs in the family

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 hours later
Well,then you should definitely get tested for lupus. But the size of the normal uterus is 7/5cm. As long as your're getting periods, its good. But you should rule out hormonal dysfunction.

Follow-up: Late period, spotting, stomach pain and swelling, thick and white discharge. Negative pregnancy test. Pregnant? 3 hours later
Because I have a small uterus would I find it hard to conceive because I have been trying for a baby for nearly a year now

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Yes,that would be a problem. You will have to undergo further tests to ensure that there is no anatomical abnormality of the uterus.Also genetic karyotyping will help determine if there is any chromosomal anomaly behind the hypoplastic uterus.