Laparoscopy done. Having back pain, bleeding during and after intercourse. Any advice?

Mar 2013
Hi. Im 31 married with 3 children, youngest twins of 7. I've had an abnormal smear 6yrs ago which after a laparoscopy everything was ok. I don't like hospitals as I have a lot of issues over the years in the pelvic region. However in the last year i bleed during and after intercourse. Bleed after opening my bowels (as I wipe) I have a watery smelly dark discharge coming from my virgina, chronic pain in my lower back and hips and my lower abdomen constant, dull ache with stabbing pains. I have water retention which I haven't had before and my legs ache and feel heavy and in the last month I've passed out 3 times and I've lost a stone and a half and have no desire to eat. What do you advise? Kind Regards
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Thank you for your query.
It would help me assist you better if you give me a few more details .
For example, what was the abnormality on the smear.. and why laparoscopy was done.
Because a laparoscopy is in no way the solution for abnormal smears.
Bleeding during and after intercourse certainly warrants investigation.
It could be due to cervical erosions, cervical polpys, cervical growths, endometrial polyps etc.
These could explain your abnormal discharge too.
Abnormal discharge alongwith lower abdominal pain indicates a possible pelvic infection.
Are your menstrual cycles regular ?
It would help immensely to know these details.
Kindly write back with them.
Regarding water retention, you should have gained weight with that, the loss is not explicable when you say you have water retention.
The pain in the legs could be due to calcium and vitamin D deficiency.
In short, please let me know the following :
1. Your menstrual cycles.
2. details of the laparoscopy done
3. details of the abnormal smear
4. Any other blood tests or check ups you recently had.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Meanwhile, take care, and feel free to ask for further clarifications.