LDL, BP, ubistatin, rozavel. Side effects?

My LDL is 126, My BP 125/76, I have been taking UBISTATIN which is suddenly gone out of market, I have been now prescribed with One ROZVEL 5mg per day at bedtime. What are the good and bad effects of the same.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 14 minutes later

Tablet Rozavel is also a cholesterol lowering medication that belongs to the same group called statins. It is similar to the medicine that you were taking-Ubistatin. Rozavel reduces LDL and increases HDL.

This drug may cause some side effects like muscle aches and joint pain. It is contraindicated in people with liver abnormalities. The side effects are dose related and as you have been prescribed the minimal dose possible so side effects shouldn't be a problem at this stage.

You should follow up with your doctor if you do have any side effects for change of drug.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.