Knee pain, motion loss, hypothyroid, pain while bending legs, limping after long seating. Can X ray show SCFE?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Can these xrays show SCFE? symptoms include knee pain, loss of range of motion slight out toeing, history of low thyroid, limping for about 8 weeks very slight in the beginning and progressing now. Child is near 11 years old. when laying flat her leg will turn out but the other remains straight. pain when I do a log roll on her thigh, complains loudly when I try to roll her thigh inward, not as much outward. limping is worse after being seated for a period of time but gets better after walking a bit, however limp remains present just not as bad.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
I have seen the X-rays attached. These X-ray films are not suggestive of SCFE.
Since the limping gets better after walking for a while, an infective arthritis is a more likely possibility.
Investigations like MRI and CT scan will be more diagnostic in case the symptoms are persistent.
You also need to to get her blood investigations done to rule out a chronic infection like tuberculosis.
Your daughter needs a physical examination by her orthopedician for better evaluation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.