Knee and shoulder blades make clicking sound, feeling relaxed after sound. Why does this happen? Harmful?

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Regularly my knee (at its joints) and my shoulder blades make a click kind of sound, post which I feel very relaxed. Why does it happen and is this harmful to the body?
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
The clicking noise in the joints is a normal physiological finding and is not indicative of any pathology. Most commonly it happens due a small vacuum formed in the synovial fluid and a rapid release produces a sharp popping or cracking sound.
If there is no pain associated with the annoying joint cracks or pops, you can assume it is being caused by the soft tissue in a joint, and is not something to worry much about.
Since it is not harmful to your body and you feel relaxed after it, there is nothing to worry about.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.