Kindly suggest medicines to control proteinuria. Have protein in urine.

Question
i hAVE PROTEIN IN URINE 2+ ,CREATIN IS 1.1 ,BP IS 130/100 KINDLY SUGGEST ANY MEDICINES TO CONTROL PROTEIN UREA
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 13 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Yes, certainly your urine has more than normal amounts of protein and this proteinuria would be the result of an underlying etiology going on in your body. And drugs are targeted towards that respective etiology after clinical examination and diagnosis.

Your reading of 130 systolic and 100 diastolic is another certain reason to place you in the at risk category and you would need more than two such abnormal readings of Blood Pressure to formally diagnose you as having Grade 1 or 2 Hypertension.

Now, you must know that in the likely event that Hypertension is actually diagnosed by your doctor, then the proteinuria that you currently have, might be likely due to the hypertensive nephropathy changes. And treating hypertension might prove to be effective in controlling this proteinuria itself.

Hence, I suggest you now to get a good consultation with a doctor and start therapy for Hypertension that you might unravel for now. A check up also will uncover any other clinical signs that may or may not need further tests for the status of your kidneys.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.

Follow-up: Kindly suggest medicines to control proteinuria. Have protein in urine. 46 hours later
Dr

The above is your answer "what is underlying etiology" please explain

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 5 hours later

Etiology is cause in medicine. The causes of proteinuria are many and would depend on the level of defect -
1. due to disease in glomerulus causing poor filtration,
2. because of increased quantity of proteins in serum exceeding that of filtration rate,
3. due to low reabsorption at proximal tubule as in some specific conditions.

So, it needs to be ascertained by the doctor, where your problem lies and thus aiming for optimum management to treat it.

Sincerely,

Follow-up: Kindly suggest medicines to control proteinuria. Have protein in urine. 17 hours later
what tests to be done to know the exact reason for protein urea

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 48 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

The tests that need to be done in proteinuria will be determined by the cause that is suspected by your clinician. A kidney biopsy may be needed or no investigations may be needed at all. For example, if your hypertension is the reason then, a review of all end organs like the eyes, kidney, heart needs a check to ascertain the extent of hypertensive changes.

Hence, I would suggest that you consult a physician and get yourself thoroughly evaluated.

Sincerely,