I've been taking the progesterone only XXXXXXX pill for birth

Question
I've been taking the progesterone only XXXXXXX pill for birth control because I've been breastfeeding. I'm now ready to switch back to the regular pill but I was wondering if I could continue to take the progesterone only pills during the first 7 days since I am not protected by the other one. I want more coverage than what just a condom can provide.
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Condom is helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
As you are taking previous pill regularly and you want to switch to regular pill,in my opinion there is no need of progesterone pill for 7 days.
You can use condom for extra protection.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.

Follow-up: I've been taking the progesterone only XXXXXXX pill for birth 20 minutes later
what are the chances of the pill stopping or delaying my period which is due in 5 days?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is very little chance of it.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
As you are on regular contraceptive pills there is no chance of irregular period but sometimes irregularities occur due to hormonal changes.
Take healthy and nutritious diet.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.