Itchiness inside vagina, stomach pain while urinating, itchiness post sex. Chances of STD?

Question
Hi

I have an itchy vagina, on the inside. The itchyness comes and goes. I've never had thrush before. I also have the sensation of wanting to pee more than I actually can and somtimess my stomach hurts a little, quite low down we I do pee. The itchyness started about a week ago after I had sex. This was the first time I'd had sex and we used a condom. He does not have an STD. What could this be?

Thanks
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 46 minutes later

Thank you for posting in your query.

Let me put down your symptoms.
1. Itchy vagina.
2. Increased frequency of passing urine.
3. Stomach ache while passing urine.
You also have history of sex in the recent past.

Could you also answer the following questions, so that I could help you better.
1. Any vaginal discharge. If so, what is the color and is it foul smelling?
2. Any associated fever?

It looks mostly a like to give.

1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Get a Urine- Routine and Urine -Culture test done.
3. Visit your Primary Health Care Physician who would be able to start you on an appropriate antibiotic and a urinary alkalinising agent.
4. It is advisable to keep the private area clean and dry.
5. Avoid unprotected sex and always wash yourself after sexual contact to minimise chances of urinary tract infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr Gowri

Follow-up: Itchiness inside vagina, stomach pain while urinating, itchiness post sex. Chances of STD? 2 days later
I have no fever and no vaginal discharge

Thanks for your answer

Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 10 hours later

Thank you for your answers to my questions.

Most likely, you are suffering from a Urinary Tract Infection.

I hope, you must have already got your tests done and medications started as advised before.

I hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wishing you a healthy new year ahead.

Dr Gowri