Is urinary tract infection in girls a sign of sexual abuse?

Thank you, so any OG specialist should be able to help with an appointment. Below is a general history to help make sure you understand what I need. My daughter is doing well. Brief history: My daughter had a very bad urinary tract infection in December of 2010 and taken to PA by her mom December 17th and never returned. In PA, she was examined by a regular doctor who said these systoms could be from years of sexual abuse. Later my daughter was seen by a specialist in PA who said there were absolutely no signs of any abuse. I do have my daughter in therapy where she has recanted things coached by her mother but I am dealing with this issue. Her mother got away with the kidnapping on a technicality (judge accidently signed 2 versions of same order) but she has very strict custody orders with supervised visitation at $30/hour with my daughters counselors office in XXXXXXX While custody is good, my daughter future is being jepardized in Federal court where my EX is using a loophole in Immigation laws to get 125% the poverty level for life despite remarrying, divorcing again, and now living with someone else in PA (her husbands Ex-brother-in-law). I am counter sueing in Federal court based on many crazy accusations not to win money but to protect my daughters future. It cost $25,000+ just to get her back but she is the only child I have and is gift. She is doing well and has been place in a Gifted & Talented class. She has 60 school related awards in the last 2 years. Unfortunately, this is all about money. I put my daughter's well being as my priority, while her mother doesn't want to work or become a U.S. citizen. My attorney thought getting her examined to show no abuse would strengthen my case. Everyone believes a crying mother and don't seem to understand that a child needs both parents while a dad can be a better parent. Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Medical team evaluates mom&daughter mental state Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I read your sad history and feel sorry for the moments you are passing through. My deepest sorry is for your daughter who is the only innocent person in this history. However, this is life and should face everything it comes through. I am glad to come to know that your child is doing fine and she is having school awards. I believe you are a very proud father. Both of you (together with her mother) should be. Wish God will help your daughter along her academic and spiritual life! With regards to your daughter's case, I'd suggest to: - get her examined by an OG specialist as mentioned earlier - get her psychological examination or consultations. To my experience, although a mother would cry for such accusations, there is a medical team examining her mental status together with your daughter health/mental status. The medical team (including psychologist, and other specialists) will better evaluate their health/mental state and would give final judgment over their statements. At the end, having a sever urinary tract infection in children as your daughter's age does not necessarily mean she has been sexually abused. Such infection is indicative for an old, untreated infection of urinary tract. In other words, your daughter might be suffering of infection since she was little, but was not diagnosed and treated properly. Only when she had severe infection, when her body did not resist anymore, she was sent to the doc's office and get treated. I'd suggest to keep her following up with the nephrologist/urologist for the infection and kidney function. Please also bare in mind that young children, especially females do have urinary tract infection commonly due to their anatomy. Hope the best for you all, especially for the little creature who needs affection and love as she enters adolescence! Dr.Alba