Is tramatol a safe drug?

Apr 2014

my son was addicated to pain killers the doctor just prescribed tramatol is this a safe drug for him to take
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is better to avoid tramadol for your son. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us I think it is better to avoid tramadol for your son.Long term use of high doses of tramadol may cause physical dependence and withdrawal symptoms. He can be prescribed Pregabalin.It is used for neuropathic pain besides its other use.Dependence is much less with pregabalin as compared to tramadol. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX