Is there any medicine available to postpone period?

Hi, I need to advace my periods by 5 days. Last month, I got it on 15 and this month I want it on 10. This is the first time I am disturbing my cycle. Is there a way to postpone it by 10 days?

Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 15 minutes later
Thanks for writing your question to us.
There is some discrepancy in your question. In the first line you have written you want it it on 10th rather than 15, this means an early period while in the second line you expressed the desire to postpone the periods. Please write back what exactly you want?
There are a number of ways to postpone the periods e.g:
Taking birth control pills & continuing them without the pill free break.
Taking progestogens one week prior to the expected date of your periods & continuing them till the time you want to postpone your periods.
It is better to get a prescription from a registered doctor before taking these hormones as this will provide an opportunity to the doctor of taking your brief history & examining you to rule out any contraindication to taking these medicine.
I will be happy to respond if you have a question.
Follow-up: Is there any medicine available to postpone period? 15 minutes later
Sorry Dr. For the confusion. I am trying to postpone/advance my periods for the first time ever.

If it is too late to advace to 10th can I have a prescription from you to postpone the same for 10 days?
Hi there,
No it is not too late to advance if your last period was on 15th. You may start taking progestogens ( like primolut-N ) from tomorrow. Usually these are effective if taken three times a day till you want to postpone your period. The following period is likely to be heavy. Prescription cannot be issued via an online clinic. You must get it from a doctor's clinic in person.
Best of luck.